Condominiums are the Perfect Choice for Many Home Buyers.
If you're looking for a new home, strongly consider expanding your search to include condominiums.
Make no mistake about it, condo living is on the rise in Jacksonville where the single-family home has long been king. Condos have unprecedented appeal to consumers. Home buyers of all ages are learning that condo life has valuable and distinct advantages:
- Amenities: Condominium developments commonly include a pool, clubhouse, fitness center, multi-purpose area and billiards. Some may have a theater room, tennis courts, a pet park and more. These are things many people couldn't otherwise afford to add to their monthly payment.
- Prices: Condos tend to cost less than other ownership opportunities, giving folks with stable salaries but not a lot of savings a great place to live their American dream.
- Low maintenance: Home buyers love escaping the yard work and exterior maintenance. Most condo associations provide for this in their budgets.
- Investment vehicle: For the first-time home buyer who was previously renting, this is a good first step into home ownership and in accruing equity. For the investor, a condo can provide convenience and a more easily maintained rental property for his tenant.
- Lifestyle: Condominiums offer closer intergenerational contact than many other types of communities which tend to have residents similar in age. It suits those who are comfortable seeing and talking to neighbors on a regular basis.
- Neighborhood: Frequent travelers find this close community living advantageous. They often get to know their neighbors, allowing them to maintain their stop-and-go lifestyle with more peace of mind.
Condo living is so much different from owning or renting a single family home or apartment. This is because of the dual nature that comes with every condo unit ownership. Condominium owners hold ownership over their respective units but each one sharing responsibility over the operating costs and maintenance of the shared common areas in the property that are essential parts of a condominium complex. By choosing to live in a condominium, you are choosing to live within a community of other condo unit owners who become your instant neighbors. Each condominium complex is a community in itself and each owner accepts and follows the standard rules and regulations unique to condo living.